Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Determination: Never Say No Intro

Intro #1

This is one of my major writing assignments from this class. It is titled, “Determination: Never Say No.” This is the second major writing assignment and I wrote it around January 28, 2010. This is a definition paper. The class was asked to pick a word and define it. Each student also picked a quote from the book Three Cups of Tea, to help define the word. I believe that I used good examples in defining the word. For example, in the paper I described how determination is present in the business world. A quote from my paper is “Determination in the business world is not a bad thing because the desire to beat the competition makes way for innovations and new ideas. Determination is also vital for the small business owner who is trying to build a successful business. They will go through many hardships but if they can persevere, they can become another success story like some well-known local companies such as Starbucks, Boeing, Zumiezs, Jones Soda, and Microsoft. These companies play a vital role in the economy and without determination; they would not have had the will to continue through the early struggles of starting a business.” So here is my first paper of my portfolio, I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment